Recent Oil Plant Strike Shows 'Absolutely No Secure Locations in the Russian Far Hinterland'

Ukrainian unmanned aerial vehicles have targeted Russia's Bashneft processing plant in Ufa, positioned some 1,400 kilometers from Ukraine, triggering blasts and a blaze, as reported by a insider in the Ukrainian Security Service.

This marks the latest Ukrainian security service deep strike in Bashkortostan in the past month. Such strikes show that there are no safe places in the distant backlines of the Russian Federation.

Ukrainian President Appeals to US President to Broker Ceasefire in Ukraine

President Zelenskyy appealed to Donald Trump to broker peace in Ukraine over a call on the weekend.

"When a hostilities can be ended in one region, then surely other wars can be ended as well, covering the Russian war," the President remarked, commending the US President's "exceptional" Middle East ceasefire plan and requesting the American leader to influence the Moscow into negotiations.

Russian Attacks Claim Victims in Ukraine

Strikes by Russia on Ukrainian territory claimed the lives of several civilians on the weekend and caused blackouts to sections of Ukraine's southern Odesa area, according to authorities in Ukraine.

Two people lost their lives inside a church in the town when it was hit, per local authorities.

In the Russian adjacent territory of the Belgorod region, a vehicle operator was fatally wounded by a Ukrainian strike, according to municipal sources.

Energy Recovery Work in Kyiv

Efforts continued on the weekend to restore power in the Ukrainian capital, after Russian attacks.

Power had been restored to over 800,000 residents by Saturday and the largest private energy company announced the primary operations to recover electricity was concluded though certain disruptions continued.

Air Defence Efforts and Drone Downings

Ukraine's anti-aircraft systems downed or disrupted fifty-four of seventy-eight enemy drones launched towards Ukraine overnight, the air force reported on the weekend.

The Russian military authorities said it eliminated 42 UAVs from Ukraine over Russian territory.

Cuban Government Denies Allegations of Sending Forces to Ukraine

Cuba on the weekend refuted American claims it has provided military personnel to participate in the conflict in Ukraine, while stating Cuban authorities "do not have precise information about individuals" participating "voluntarily" or "as part of the armed units of the conflicting parties".

The government department in Havana said 26 Cubans had been given prison terms to incarceration from five to 14 years for participating as mercenaries since last September when news circulated of individuals being dispatched to the frontlines in Ukraine.

Surrender Initiative Initiative Reveals Information on Cuban National Involvement

I Want to Live, a state project that encourages opposing fighters to give up, said in spring: "We have confirmed the identities and information of 1,028 Cubans who entered into agreements with the Moscow's troops in recently."

The Cuban authorities commented of Cuban nationals who might be involved: "There is no doubt that none of them has the backing, dedication, or authorization of the Cuban state for their involvement."

Kin of individuals who traveled to the Russian Federation in 2023 informed international media at the time that their loved ones had been misled into enlisting through promotions on social media.

Derrick Miller
Derrick Miller

A seasoned gaming analyst with over a decade of experience in online casinos, specializing in slot machine mechanics and player psychology.